Our innovation, design and development teams track trends across the industries in which we work. Here are a few data points and links you might find as interesting as we did. Please share as you like and provide feedback if you would.
Stats of the Week (via Stylus)
72% of Brits consider print magazines the most reputable news source.
67% of millennials research online first, and buy in-store later.
73% of US customers follow omnichannel – rather than purely digital – purchase journeys.
- Design legend Dieter Rams designed one of Gillette's best-known razors | Arun
- Design Thinking is fundamentally conservative. This can hinder innovation | HBR
- The future of UX research is fully automated, and that's a problem | UserFocus
- John Maeda's annual Design in Tech report | Design In Tech
- Exclusive: A first look into Google's top-secret design lab | FastCompany
Healthcare & Life Sciences
- How robotics is changing the face of medicine | CB Insights
- AI is changing how doctors diagnose patients | JWT Intelligence
- The big problem with sleep tech: we don't understand the science | ReadWrite
Sports, Fitness, & Wellness
- BRRRN's new cold temperature workout | New York Times
- The newest high-tech helping athletes hack their training | WSJ
- The future of fitness is connected but alone | The Verge
- Tom Brady outlines the TB12 philosophy and business model | Men's Health
- Adobe's sophisticated UX research uncovers cutting-edge features | FastCompany
- Do you know what Edge Computing is? Here's a breakdown | CBInsights
- Mary Meeker's annual Internet Trends Report was delivered this summer | Recode
Work & Workplaces
- The strangest and most alarming things buried in WeWork's IPO filing | CNBC
- Here's what those charging lockers are doing with your personal info | OneZero
- 3 years of misery inside of "Silicon Valley's Happiest Company" - Google | Wired
- The 101 People, Ideas and Things changing the way we work today | BBC
- The 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators | FastCompany
Mobility & Transportation
- Half of all cars sold in Norway last year were electric | Quartz
- Why Norway is leading the electric car revolution | Fortune
- Electric scooter culture must change | OneZero
- Amazon's home delivery robot - Scout - is in testing in Irvine, CA | CNET
Amazon / Retail
- The Amazon Dilemma: How a retail powerhouse lets us down | Recode
- The Amazon Marketplace is a brutal, lawless world where success and failure are often completely out of a seller's hands and in the hands of Amazon | The Verge
- Do you know what a "Retail Price Vocabulary" is? | HBR
Don't miss the next one! Get this monthly digest sent straight to your inbox.